Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Practical Life - Watermelon Snack

It wouldn't be summer without watermelon!

I prepared this practical life work for James after seeing how much he enjoys using a melon baller in our spooning activities.

As with all of our activities, we remove the items from the tray and set the table for the work. James needed to use the melon baller to remove parts of the watermelon and then transfer them to the small serving plate. He then stuck toothpicks into each ball.

Offering a snack to me and daddy - practical life and grace & courtesy all in one lesson!

Delicious!


~Thank you for your comments!~

10 comments:

Jessie, The Education Of Ours said...

I love melon ballers! Makes cooking even more exciting when it makes a ball, too cute.

Joey said...

What a cutie!
~ joey ~

jgabrielse said...

Love it! I'll have to share this with our summer camp teacher.

Anonymous said...

How appropriate for this HOT summer! A fantastic addition to Practical Life - thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Love this idea!! XOXO

Kelly said...

What kind of mat are you using? I like how it folds.


Www.everydayonpurpose.blogspot.com

Susana of Montessori Candy said...

Great practical life activity! I'm embarrassed though! He uses a melon baller better than me! :)

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

You guys must try mashing (or blending) water melon and freezing in ice lolly molds. So yummy!

Elle Belles Bows said...

I am loving this idea for practical life!! Awesome!

Also, love the lego math! Very cool! I think the hubby would enjoy doing that with E.

Happy Summer!

Kerri

Jen said...

Another juicy idea!! lol James is such a heartbreaker, btw!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails